The final version is polished and finished! Cave Explorer is now known as "The Cave-In At Erk'Lak" and has received several updates.
- Rebalanced gravity and jump strength to make play more dynamic.
- Decreased collision size on the bottom of the UFO; it now feels better and is more lenient.
- Slightly reduced the foreground parallax's intrusion over the midground to decrease the chances of having "blind" jumps or sequences.
Quality of Life:
- Added a border to the screen area.
- Added a flickering color to the score text every 1,000 points to mark progress.
- Added lighting effects at the edges of the screen: darker in the deeper cave, lighter towards the exit.
- Added a dedicated title screen with new title and other info.
- Minor revamp to the game over screen.
- Updated music. It's still the same elements but in a slightly less obnoxious loop.
- Updated the desktop icon for the downloadable executables.
- Separated the Windows/Mac/Linux downloads for user convenience.
While there are still a couple of refinements I could add I think I'm pretty happy with the game in this state and will only come back to working on it more if a very specific need arises. Thank you to the awesome PICO-8 community for all of the support and work they put out there!
Get The Cave-In At Erk'Lak
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.